Thursday, April 20, 2017

Why you should support Single-payer Healthcare

I work two jobs and both of them involve a lot of driving. Even though I feel like I'm always working, I'm still pretty broke. I have a little more than a hundred dollars in the bank and there is no way I'm giving that to a greedy health insurance CEO. Even if I bought into the health insurance scam, I know that there would be a large deductible. If I had the money to pay the deductible, then I wouldn't need insurance anyway, would I?
So I know that if I get hurt in a car accident, my options are either die quickly, or spend the rest of my life giving every cent I make to someone who neither needs it nor deserves it. If I see that I am headed towards a serious crash, then I will hit the accelerator instead of the brake to ensure that I die. That's not to say I will drive more recklessly, in fact I'm a very cautious driver. But I know that a serious injury will ruin my life and I would be better off dead. If I happen to accidentally take you out too, then I'm sorry, but don't worry, because I did pay my car insurance, and I'm sure they will be overjoyed to help you in any way they can.
You probably think I'm either crazy or stupid, but we both know that I am not the only person caught in this dilemma. So the next time you get behind the wheel, you better hope that the guy in the other car makes enough money to buy health insurance. Of course I'm exagerating; I wouldn't do that. But you don't know whether there might be others who would.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?